Here are some lists of things that came to mind as I thought about the things we've gained & lost over the past year since Elias Tyler was born...
- another member of our family
- pure JOY
- lots and lots of toys
- LAUNDRY - who knew something so small could produce so much laundry (especially with the cloth diapers...so worth it though, what's one more load?!)
- messes - check out the birthday cake pics below for one fun example!
- giggles galore
- slobbery kisses
- more love than I ever thought possible
- quick, ninja-like parent reflexes
- a schedule controlled by Eli (feedings & naps especially)
- pictures, pictures, & more pictures
- arm strength to haul around all the extra weight (Eli is 27 lbs now!)
- diaper bag - contains diapers, wipes, changing pad, snacks, toys, extra clothes, wet bag, nursing cover, spit rag/receiving blanket, sippy cup, and more
- those precious quiet moments where Eli falls asleep on me and just sinks into my arms when I pick him up
- excitement for the little things - everything from a smile to learning a new skill
- freezer space - it's full of breastmilk (i've even had to store some in a friend's freezer)
- sleeping in - oh how I miss this!
- "guest" bedroom - living in a 2 bedroom apartment leaves no more room for friends/family to stay over unless they're okay with the couch
- 65 pounds - 35 pounds that I gained during pregnancy (10 lbs. of that was baby) and another 30 lbs. below my pre-pregnancy weight!
- ability to keep anything small, breakable or sharp lower than 3 feet
- the freedom to just "get up and go" or run an errand without having to coordinate schedules and pack a bag
- time with my hubby - have to be much more purposeful with this one
I could go on and on...
Being a mommy has been the greatest joy of my life and I cannot wait to see what the future years have in store!
Here are a few pictures from Elias's birthday party...ENJOY!
|The cake layers - the night before|
|The spread w/ balloon topiary centerpiece|
|Balloon banner was my inspiration (from pinterest)|
|smoked chicken wings from D. Rowes & chicken salad croissant sandwiches|
|Raspberry lemonade punch|
|The Cake...this was Eli's piece :)|
|cake & cupcakes|
|The cupcakes were a rainbow of colors too|
And let the eating begin (the pictures speak for themselves)...
|Another birthday project...balloon covered #1 door hanger to greet the party guests|
|One final birthday project...Balloon topiary centerpiece|